Face it – Depression and stress affect your emotions, your physical wellness, and the quality of your life and relationships. Here are just a few ways stress can affect you: relationship problems, intimacy difficulties, depression, anxiety, heart attacks, stroke, high blood pressure, and immune system disturbances. Even common colds last longer when we are stressed!
Stress does not have to be the default way you approach life.
You may already know you are overstressed and overwhelmed with work, relationships and life. But if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please see a qualified, licensed counselor to help you with skills and strategies to reduce your stress or depression.
Symptoms of Depression and Stress:
- Increased frustration, irritability, edginess
- Sad mood
- Diminished sexual desire or performance
- Excess anxiety, worry, guilt, nervousness
- Reduced work efficiency or productivity
- Difficulty concentrating, racing thoughts
- Feeling overloaded or overwhelmed
- Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
- Neck ache, back pain, muscle spasms
- Heartburn, stomach pain, nausea
if you are experiencing any of these symptoms of stress, consider getting some Stress Counseling support. There are many techniques and strategies to help you reduce the stress in your life while maintaining and improving your health, productivity and joyfulness.
Benefits of Stress Counseling include:
- Sharper thinking and concentration
- Better decision making
- Ability to prioritize tasks including other people’s requests
- Enhanced productivity
- More peace of mind and ease
- Better relationships and communication
- Less tension in the body
- Improved mood – happier, more easy-going
- Improved sleep
Myth: Stress helps you get a lot done.
Stress clouds our thinking and actually makes simple tasks take longer. However, when you have easy ways to release stress throughout the day, you have more energy and more cognitive awareness. This means life easier.
Don’t let stress eat away at your health and your relationships.
At OC Relationship Center, we want to help you reduce and release your stress – and are looking forward to helping you find the ease, good health, and happiness you deserve.