Marriage Difficulties? We can help.
If you are experiencing trouble in your marriage such as feeling distant, difficulty communicating or just not “feeling the love” then we’d like to help.
Our mission is to help couples develop and maintain a happy, healthy, loving relationship. If that sounds good to you, then you are in the right place.
Counseling can help with these common problems:
* Communication Difficulties: You feel that your mate simply doesn’t hear you or understand you. And it hurts.
* Arguing over the same things day in and day out: You think that one day your mate will finally agree with you – but instead, the arguing escalates or one of you withdraws into silence.
* Infidelity or Affair: You aren’t sure what to do now. Can you restore trust and stay married after the affair?
* Anxiety: When you aren’t sure where you stand in your relationship, it can cause stress, heartbreak and anxiety.
* Intimacy issues: Your sex life isn’t what it once was – whether due to children, aging or emotional distance.
* Parenting issues: You both want the best for your children, but disagree on “what is best.”
Call the licensed, professional counselors today to learn more: 949.220.3211 or
Through marriage counseling at the Relationship Center of Orange County, we will work together to help you improve communication issues, increase trust, reduce arguing and enjoy your relationship again.
Here is what we hope to help you with marriage counseling:
* Feel more positive toward your spouse (and yourself)
* Improve communication so you and your partner both “feel heard and respected.”
* Enjoy your time together
* Solve problems easier
* Build trust
* Create a shared vision for your future
How Does Marriage Counseling Work?
Marriage counseling is simply talking things out with an unbiased third party who has one goal: to help your relationship improve. Research shows that talk therapy combined with making some simple changes to the way you think and talk to each other can improve your marital satisfaction significantly.
The licensed therapists at the OC Relationship Center, with offices in Newport Beach, are experts at helping couples understand one another better and teaching the skills to help people work through struggles (big and small) to help them find the love they really want.
We are not born with the skills to be great marriage partners. (You already know that men and women think differently, right?), but these skills can be taught which can result in more ease and love.
When is the right time to seek marriage counseling?
Researcher, Dr. John Gottman found that the average couple waits six years before seeking help for marriage problems. Combine this with the fact that 50% of all marriages don’t last eight years and you can see that getting help as soon as marriage problems arise is important.
Bottom line: if your Relationship isn’t making you as happy as it once was, now is the time to seek marriage counseling.
What if your mate is not interested in coming to marriage counseling?
You are invited and encouraged to come in by yourself to discuss how you can improve your marriage. While it may sound odd, we have been able to improve marriages by working with one partner. You see, marriage (or any relationship for that matter) is a system. We have found that by helping one person learn to understand their mate, and communicate more effectively, that the system changes.
This often means that the partner who is not in marriage counseling changes in response. It is kind of funny when you think about it. You’ve tried so hard to make the other person hear you and change their behavior – which hasn’t really worked out so well. But when you spend time learning how to be happier in your relationship, you just might find your relationship improves – without you trying so hard.
So yes! If your spouse won’t join you in marriage counseling, consider making an appointment and seeing if we can help you to be happier in your relationship.
Please don’t wait until the distance between you has grown too great. Consider couples therapy today. Because you deserve love. And we want to help you have a more healthy, fulfilling and loving relationship.
Here are your next steps:
1. Please call us today at 949-220-3211 and talk to our friendly office staff who are there to hear your story and set up an appointment.
2. Or if you are ready to get started right away, click here to schedule an appointment at our offices in Newport Beach.